Data protection information regarding our website
We are pleased about your visit on this Website. We are committed to protect your personal data and comply with applicable data protection law, in particular the EU General Data Protection Directive ("GDPR") and Bundesdatenschutzgesetz ("BDSG").
In this data protection information, we explain which information (including personal data) are processed by us in connection with your visit and use of out aforementioned digital offer ("Website") the employment relationship.
Further information you find on the following pages:
Data protection information regarding our clients
Data protection information regarding our business partners
Data protection information regarding our suppliers
Data protection information regarding our applicants
Data protection information regarding our employees
Data protection information regarding marketing
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data?
The controller responsible for the processing of personal data is Xella International GmbH, Düsseldorfer Landstraße 395, 47259 Duisburg, +49 203 60880 00, email@example.com. Any reference to "we" or "us" in this data protection information is a reference to the aforementioned entity.
Our data protection officer may be contacted via the aforementioned means or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which principles do we observe?
In order compliance with applicable data protection law, we only process your personal data on the basis of a statutory authorization or if you have declared your consent. This also applies for the processing of personal data for marketing purposes.
On this Website we may collect information that does not allow us to draw any direct conclusions about your person. In certain cases - especially when combined with other data - this information can nevertheless be considered as "personal data" under applicable data protection law. Furthermore, we may also collect information on this Website that does not enable us to identify you, directly or indirectly; this is the case, for example, with aggregated information about all users of this Website.
Which data do we process?
You can access our Website without entering personal data (such as your name, your postal address or your e-mail address). Also in this case we must process certain information to enable you to access our Website. In addition, we use certain analysis methods on this Website and have integrated third-party functionalities ("social plug-ins").
- Logfiles: When you visit this Website, our web server automatically stores the domain name or IP address of the requesting computer (usually a computer of your internet access provider) including the date, time and duration of your visit, the subpages/URLs you visit and information about the application(s) and terminal(s) you use to view our pages.
Alternatively, you can use the link below to prevent data from being sent to Google or processed by Google:
To opt-out please click here.
An opt-out cookie is set which prevents the future collection of your data when you visit this Website. Further information on data protection at Google Analytics can be found at here http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html and here https://www.google.de/analytics/terms/us.html
- Twitter button: Our Website uses the buttons of the Twitter service. These buttons are provided by Twitter Inc, 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. They are recognizable by terms such as "Twitter" or "Follow", combined with a stylized blue bird. With the help of the buttons it is possible to share a post or page of this offer on Twitter or to follow the provider on Twitter. When you access an area of our Website that contains such a button, your browser establishes a direct connection to Twitter's servers. The content of the Twitter button is transmitted directly from Twitter to your browser. We therefore have no influence on the amount of data Twitter collects with the help of these plug-ins and inform you exclusively on the basis of the information available to us. Thereafter, only your IP address and the URL of our Website will be transmitted when the button is purchased, but will not be used for any other purposes than the display of the button. Further information can be found in the Twitter data protection declaration at http://twitter.com/privacy.
Information and consulting options
We provide a variety of information and consulting options via the contact options on our Website. Depending on the option you choose, we process different personal data:
If you contact us via one of the channels indicated on our website, we will process any personal data contained in your message and provided by you in order to process and respond to your request.
2. Information via email
If you have asked for information material to be sent, we will process the data you provide in the contact form, at least your name and surname and the details of the contact channel you have chosen (mail and/or e-mail) for the one-off dispatch of the material you have requested.
3. Consulting via telephone
If you have asked for consulting via telephone, we will process the data you provide in the contact form, at least your surname and first name as well as your telephone number in order to provide the desired consultation via telephone.
4. Personal consultation
If you have asked for a personal consultation, we will process the data you provide in the contact form, at least your surname and first name as well as your telephone number and/or e-mail address, in order to contact you to arrange a personal consultation appointment.
5. Email newsletter
If you have registered for our email newsletter, we will process the data you provide in the contact form, at least your surname and first name as well as your e-mail address, in order to send you our email newsletter
In addition, we use the other information you provide in the contact form (such as in-formation about your activity or area of interest) to send you content tailored to your interests. We also analyze the data generated during delivery and retrieval of these e-mails in aggregated form (delivery rate, opening rate, click rates, conversion rate, unsubscription rate, bouncer rate) to analyze the success and use of the e-mails. On the other hand, we also evaluate the data generated when you access and use these e-mails (time of opening, hyperlinks clicked on, documents downloaded) in order to provide you with personalized information on this basis in future email newsletters that best takes your interests and needs into account.
We would like to inform you about our products, services, offers and promotions of the Xella Group. For this purpose, we will process the necessary data as provided by you in the contact form, at least your surname and first name and the details of the contact channel (e-mail and telephone).
For which purposes and on which legal basis do we process your personal data?
- We process personal data possibly contained in logfiles to enable you to use our Website; this processing is based on § 15 Abs. 1 TMG or the basis of Article 6 para 1 f) GDPR for the purposes of our justified interest in operating our Website.
- The processing of personal data for handling one of your requests via one of the channels indicated on our website is carried out in any case for the purposes of our legitimate interest in establishing and maintaining business contacts on the basis of Article 6 (1) f) GDPR. If your request relates to the conclusion of a contract or pre-contractual measures, your personal data will be processed on the basis of Article 6 (1) b) GDPR.
- We process the data provided to use our information and consulting options to provide you with the selected option and, if you have chosen to register for our email newsletter to register you and to provide you with the email newsletter. We process this personal data on the basis of your consent and according to Article 6 (1) a) GDPR. Please note that can revoke your consent at any time without giving reasons with effect for the future by simply contacting us via the contact channels indicated on the first page of this data protection information. You will also find a link to unsubscribe in each e-mail.
- If you place an order via our Website or register on our Website as a user or for a customer account, we process the data collected in this connection for the execution of the contracts concluded with you on the basis of Article 6 paragraph 1 b) GDPR.
- We may process the data processed in connection with your use of our Website also for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject; this processing is based on Article 6 para 1 c) GDPR
- To extent necessary, we process personal data (in addition to the processing for the purposes of the employment relationship or to comply with legal obligations) for the purposes of our justified interests or the justified interests of a third party on the basis of Article 6 para 1 f) GDPR. Justified interest may include:
- the establishment of or defence against legal claims
- the prevention and investigation of criminal offences
- management and further development of our business operations including risk management
Are you obliged to provide data?
The information required for the registration for our newsletter, the provision of information and consulting, the execution of online orders or the registration as user or the creation of a customer account are marked as mandatory information in the corresponding area of the Website (e.g. an online form); without the provision of mandatory information, we cannot enable you to use the respective functionality.
If we collect additional data from you, we will inform you if the provision of such information is based on a legal or contractual obligation or necessary for the performance of an agreement. We usually indicate which information may be provided voluntarily and is neither based on a legal or contractual obligation nor necessary for the purposes of an agreement.
Who obtains or has access to your data?
Your personal data are generally processed within our company. Depending on the categories of personal data, only dedicated departments / organizational units are granted access to your personal data. Such units include in particular the departments responsible for our digital offers (e.g. Websites) and our IT department. Based on a role / rights management concept, access to personal data is limited to the functions and the extent necessary for the respective purpose of the processing.
If and to the extent permitted by law, we may transfer your personal data to recipients outside of our company. Such external recipients may include
- affiliated companies within Xella-group, to which we may transfer personal data for the purpose of internal administration of data;
- service providers that – on the basis of separate agreements with us – provide certain services possibly including the processing of personal data, as well as approved subcontractors of our service providers;
- private or public bodies, to the extent we are obliged to transfer your personal data on the basis of a legal obligation to which we are subject;
Do we use automated decision-making?
In connection with the operation of our Websites we generally do not use automated decision-making (including profiling) within the meaning of Arti-cle 22 GDPR. If we apply such processes in the future, we will inform you separately in accordance with the applicable statutory provisions.
Are data transferred to countries outside the EU / the EEA?
Personal data is processed generally within the European Union or the European Economic Area; we do not intend to transfer personal data to other countries.
Only in connection with the use of service providers to provide web analysis services information may be be transferred to recipients in so-called "third countries". "Third countries" means countries outside the European Union or the Agreement on the European Economic Area, where a level of data protection comparable to that in the European Union cannot be readily assumed.
If the information transferred contain personal data, we ensure before such a transfer that the necessary adequate level of data protection is guaranteed in the respective third country or with the recipient in the third country. This may result in particular from a so-called "adequacy resolution" of the European Commission, which establishes an appropriate level of data protection for a certain third country as a whole. Alternatively, we can also base data transmission on the so-called "EU standard contract clauses" agreed with a recipient or - in the case of recipients in the USA - on compliance with the principles of the so-called "EU-US Privacy Shield". We will be happy to provide you with further information on the appropriate and appropriate guarantees for maintaining an appropriate level of data protection upon request; the contact details can be found at the beginning of this data protection information. Information on the participants of the EU-US Privacy Shield can also be found here www.privacyshield.gov/list.
How long are your data stored?
We generally store personal data as long as we have a justified interest in the retention of such data and there the interest of the data subject in refraining from the further processing do not prevail. Even without a justified interest, we may continue to store the data if there is a legal obligation (e.g. to comply with statutory retention obligations). We delete personal data even without an action by the data subject as soon as further retention is no longer necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or otherwise processed or if further retention is not permitted by law otherwise.
As far as the aforementioned processing is concerned, we regularly
- delete the log data within seven days, if if further storage is not required for purposes provided for by law, such as the detection of misuse and the detection and rectification of technical faults;
- delete the data processed in the context of an online order after the expiration of statutory retention periods; and
- delete the data processed in the context of a registration as user or a customer account after termination of registration or the deletion oft he customer account
If personal data need to be stored to comply with a legal obligation, such data is retained until the end of the respective retention period. If personal data are only processed to comply with a statutory retention obligation, the access to such data is usually restricted so that the data are only accessible if needed for the purpose of the retention obligation.
What are your rights as a data subject?
As a data subject, you may
- request access to your personal data, Article 15 GDPR;
- request the rectification of incorrect personal data, Article 16 GDPR;
- request the erasure of your personal data, Article 17 GDPR;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, Article 18 GDPR;
- exercise your right to data portability, Article 20 GDPR;
- object the processing of your personal data, Article 21 GDPR.
The aforementioned rights may be asserted against us, e.g. by providing notice to us via the contact details specified on the first page of this data protection information.
In case of further questions, you may also get in touch with our data protection officer.
In addition, you are entitled to lodge a complaint regarding the handling of your personal data with the competent supervisory authority, Article 77 GDPR.
For the use of some pages from our website a registration is required. Your data will be used here solely for the purpose described in the consent.
At any time, you can choose to revoke your consent for us to save and/or use your data and e-mail address.
SecurityXella uses technical and organisational security precautions to protect all data managed by us against inadvertent or intended manipulation, loss and destruction as well as against access by unauthorised persons. Our security precautions are improved continuously in accordance with technological development.
Embedding of Facebook social plug-ins
Plug-ins from the facebook.com network (http://www.facebook.com), operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304 USA ('Facebook’), are used on our web pages. These plug-ins are identified by the Facebook logo or a corresponding endorsement.
If you cal up a page with one of these plug-ins this will establish a direct link between your browser and the Facebook pages. Since this transmission takes place directly we do not know exactly which data is transmitted. The fact that you have called up the corresponding page will be transmitted. If you are logged into Facebook at the same time this information will be assigned to your Facebook account and can thus be related to your person. It goes without saying that the same applies if you use the plug-ins ('Like button) or make comments.
If you want to avoid a direct data transfer to your Facebook account we recommend that you only visit our pages when you have logged off from Facebook.
Verwendung der Twitter-Schaltflächen
Dieses Angebot nutzt die Schaltflächen des Dienstes Twitter. Diese Schaltflächen werden angeboten durch die Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. Sie sind an Begriffen wie “Twitter” oder “Folge”, verbunden mit einem stillisierten blauen Vogel erkennbar. Mit Hilfe der Schaltflächen ist es möglich einen Beitrag oder Seite dieses Angebotes bei Twitter zu teilen oder dem Anbieter bei Twitter zu folgen.
Wenn ein Nutzer eine Webseite dieses Internetauftritts aufruft, die einen solchen Button enthält, baut sein Browser eine direkte Verbindung mit den Servern von Twitter auf. Der Inhalt des Twitter-Schaltflächen wird von Twitter direkt an den Browser des Nutzers übermittelt. Der Anbieter hat daher keinen Einfluss auf den Umfang der Daten, die Twitter mit Hilfe dieses Plugins erhebt und informiert die Nutzer entsprechend seinem Kenntnisstand. Nach diesem wird lediglich die IP-Adresse des Nutzers die URL der jeweiligen Webseite beim Bezug des Buttons mit übermittelt, aber nicht für andere Zwecke, als die Darstellung des Buttons, genutzt.
Weitere Informationen hierzu finden sich in der Datenschutzerklärung von Twitter unter http://twitter.com/privacy.